Any successful development project needs to be built on strong foundations. A good design, in the vast majority of cases, can only be as good as the parts on which it is based.
Where accuracy is an important factor in the production of a quality design, Green Planning Studio’s Land Surveyors can provide accurate geospatial information in 2D or 3D, that other forms of mapping cannot hope to achieve. We can produce a model of the terrain of a site or the accurate structure and layout of a building.
Our Land Surveyors support the work of our Architecture & Landscape Architecture professionals, by providing them with accurate information. This is critical to understanding how a site actually relates to the landscape, how flooding can impact on a design, how traffic flow impacts on highway safety, traffic visibility at access points and how potential buildings sit within the site.
Example Land Survey:
We can produce the following types of survey:
- Topographic Surveys to capture the size, shape and features of a site – used for planning and development to produce detailed designs.
- Measured Building Surveys to accurately measure a building – used for refurbishment, refitting or extension of mainly older buildings
- Inshore Hydrographic Surveys to capture underwater features of rivers and lakes – used in modelling water flow, flooding and sedimentation
- Boundary Surveys to accurately measure boundaries and their relationship to title plans – used to measure areas of ownership or in boundary disputes
- Deformation Monitoring to measure the movements of the ground and structure on it – used by loss adjusters to validate insurance claims or by developers who want to check if their site is having an impact on surrounding buildings
- As-Built Surveys – as a Topographical or Building survey but after construction to verify a project has been completed satisfactorily.
- Underground Utility Surveys to map subsurface structures, utilities and voids