Leading on the implementation of the National Planning Policy Framework.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) provides opportunities for authorities, communities and developers alike. However, the NPPF’s light touch leaves interpretation open with little case law upon which to predict outcomes. Through its extraordinary success, particularly at appeal, Green Planning Studio has regularly demonstrated that it can suggest and predict how the new NPPF can be successfully interpreted.
- Planning appraisals
- Pre-application representations
- Applications for domestic and commercial development
- Applications for release of conditions
- Representations on emerging local plans on policy and land allocation
- 5-year land supply calculations for housing supply
- Analysis of needs assessment
- Appeals against planning refusals and non-determination
- Representation at informal hearings and planning inquiries
- Appeals against enforcement action
- Certificates of Lawful Existing Use or Development (CLUED)
- Responding to planning contravention notices and requisitions for information
Green Planning Studio brings a unique portfolio of enthusiasm, skills and experience in town planning. This relatively young practice has high-level knowledge of planning legislation and highly successful delivery methods. Matthew Green’s role in Parliament drafting planning legislation and Ruth Reed’s role in built environment policy presentation as President of the Royal Institute of British Architects have given them insight into the future developments of planning policy and the opportunities it presents for economic growth through development. Michael Rudd’s strategic and innovative approach to the planning system has ensured success for our clients at appeal and at all levels of the court system.
Green Planning Studio Ltd specialises in areas of planning constraint that include:
- The Countryside
- Green Belt
- Areas of Outstanding National Beauty AONB
- Conservation areas
- Listed Buildings
We can provide expert witnesses for appeal issues that include: